Monday, January 23, 2012

old chairs







image source unknown
For years I have been a collector of old chairs, most likely stemming from the necessity to find cheap furniture to furnish our uni house which I shared with a couple of girlfriends many years ago!!! 
If you like an interesting mix of old and new furniture, an old chair is a great place to start.  Washed, scrubbed, sanded, painted, slipcovered, reupholstered, or just dressed up with cushions and throws, old chairs have heaps of character and it's easier on the environment to reuse something rather than buy new! 
One of the advantages (or disadvantages) of living in an old farm house is that there are lots of outbuildings in which to store things.  On my to do list this year is to find all the chairs currently hiding in our sheds and bring them back to the land of the living!  I'll let you know what I find!



No comments:

Post a Comment